1. Lab Assignment: Tickler System (For Medical Coding and Billing)
Research tickler systems online. Create a 5-slide presentation, using Power Point, describing a tickler system and showing some system examples.
2. Lab Assignment: Healthcare Cash Flow
Below are some articles introduced in this lesson that provide tips and techniques for managing a medical office’s revenue and collections. Look through the articles, then write a 4-paragraph paper that summarizes the following:
Today you are the manager of ABC Clinic. You are facing issues in your collection department and need a solution to help increase your revenue. What are some ways it might do this?
Feel free to make assumptions about how ABC Clinic operates. Enter your ideas into a Word document labeled “CashFlow”
- Increase Your Revenue Tip #1 – Prescription Refills
- The 9 Essentials for an Effective Year End (and year to come)
- Seven Ways to Improve Your Patient Collections
- Take a Closer Look at Your Superbill to Ensure Accurate Billing
- Hidden Ways Medical Billing Shortcomings Hurt Your Practice
- Top 6 Medical Billing Tips and Best Practices
3. Lab Assignment: Financial Report Worksheet
Look at the financial statements for Middlesex Hospital, then answer the questions in the Finance Statement Worksheet. or download it below.